Subscribe: pinterest

Friday, March 21, 2014

How Will We Know?

I was at Target the other night and I noticed that at the bottom of my receipt there was a link to an online survey. Now, this particular visit to Target was not memorable in any way. There was not an exceptionally positive experience or a retail horror story to recount, but for some reason Target was interested in my opinion.

The likelihood of me completing this particular survey is pretty low and, to be completely honest, I’m not even sure where I put the receipt. I do, however, understand why Target was interested in my opinion. For each piece of data that they gather about a particular store, they can start to shape an understanding of what might be working and what might not.

By now, our parents should have received a link to our own survey. As I noted in my letter earlier this week, we are participating in a survey that is conducted by Measuring Success to help us take stock of how we are doing as a school. This is an incredibly important opportunity for us to learn more about what our parents think about school - good, bad, and ugly.

As a school, we are committed to a path of continuous improvement and getting parent feedback is an incredibly important part of that process. All of your responses are confidential and Measuring success will only provide us with aggregate data. This survey will provide us with vital data and allow us to compare how we are doing to other day schools and to how we were doing the last time Schechter participated in this survey in 2009.

This is, of course, not the only opportunity to have a voice in our school, but it is a crucial one. We are striving for 100% participation because we want to hear from each and every family in our school. Please help us create an even better school for your children.

Shabbat Shalom,

Dr. Ari Yares

0 comments:

Post a Comment